Making friends as a university student can be tough. Gone are the days of making friends in kindergarten by sharing a bag of fruit snacks and a juice box. Even though juice boxes are awesome, now, you're expected to make friends as an adult, which can be intimidating and downright terrifying. But fear not, because we have some tips to help you make friends and join clubs and groups on campus.
1. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there - Making friends as an adult can be intimidating, but it's important to put yourself out there and be open to meeting new people - not every person you meet will be a good fit.
2. Be yourself - When it comes to making friends, it's important to be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not in order to impress others. People will like you for who you are, so be confident and be yourself.
3. Be open to different types of people - University is a great time to meet people from all different backgrounds and experiences. Don't limit yourself to only hanging out with people who are similar to you. Be open to making friends with people who have different interests, hobbies, and backgrounds.
4. Join a club or group - Clubs and groups are a great way to make friends who share your interests. Whether you're into sports, music, or something else entirely, there's likely a club or group on campus that you can join.
5. Attend campus events - Campus events are a great way to meet new people and have some fun. Check out the events calendar and attend a concert, movie night, or other campus event. You never know who you might meet.
6. Be friendly and approachable - Making friends as an adult can be intimidating, but it's important to be friendly and approachable. Smile, make eye contact, and be open to having conversations with new people.
7. Be patient - Making friends takes time, so don't expect to have a huge group of friends right away. Be patient and keep putting yourself out there, and eventually you'll make some great friends.
Have fun - Above all, making friends should be fun. Don't stress too much about it, and remember to have a good time. The more fun you're having, the more likely you are to make friends.
So don't be intimidated by the prospect of making friends as a university student. Put yourself out there, be yourself, and have fun, and you'll be making friends in no time.